Program goal: Build capacity for youth to develop autonomy and to become active in promoting community development and civil society.
This program is informed by sharing of lessons learnt and a needs assessment conducted by the ChildFund Program Team in Na Ri district , October 2014. The outcome indicator survey conducted by the ChildFund’s DEL team in several districts within the project areas highlighted the following findings: (i) Children and adolescents don not have opportunities to voice their opinions in decisions that concern them; (ii) Opportunities for development fall short for youth and this effects their view of their contemporary and future life situations; (iii) Women, children and adolescents feel insecure in their daily lives and (iv) Women and youth’s understanding of sexual and reproductive health is poor.
ChildFund Vietnam will develop and implement projects that address challenges confronting youth in ChildFund Vietnam’s project areas. The five program outcomes expected are:
- Youth are confident and have adequate capacity to lead their own lives;
- Youth understand and have access to relevant information;
- Youth are motivated and have impact;
- Creating connection and advocacy;
- Youth acquire knowledge of reproductive health and accordingly practice behavior change.
You can learn more about ChildFund’s Building Youth Leadership and Resilience in the Stories section of our website