Program Goal: Children achieve their full potential as learners in safe, inclusive, well-managed schools that are supported by duty bearers, parents and local community members.
In accordance with ChildFund’s vision for children to develop their full potential, Vietnam’s Education Program will support the cognitive, social, emotional and physical growth of children. This will include knowledge and skills in language, the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) subjects, art and physical education.
Enhancing personal attributes and competencies is also a focus, including building self-confidence and the ability to express ideas and opinions, co-operation, creativity and pro-activity and positive qualities such as kindness and tolerance, discipline and responsibility, persistence and integrity.
ChildFund Vietnam’s Access to Quality Education Program in 2017-2020 period will focus on five main areas of work as follows:
- Improve students’ learning outcomes across the curriculum through teachers’ capacity building and parents’ involvement.
- Improve effectiveness and accountability of school management with participation of children, teachers, parents, community members and duty bearers
- Support the development of a safe and stimulating school facilities and environment
- Promote the inclusivity of school programs
- Work with Provincial and District education officers to create an enabling environment for the endorsement and promotion of effective educational approaches and activities in the schools.
You can learn more about ChildFund’s Access to Quality Education Program’s initiatives in the Stories section of our website